Comic Con 48 Hour Film Race
The MCM (Movie Comic Media) are teaming up with
Capture Events to bring you the MCM Comic Con
48hr Film Race.
This 48 Hour Film Challenge will give fans the opportunity to make their own movies to be
shown during MCM Comic Con, with awards and prizes to be won. 101,600 people attended
the May 2014 Comic Con.
The challenge is FREE to enter and will take place over the weekend of 1-3 May, three weeks before the MCM Comic Con event, to allow judging to take place. Our stand is and the winning entries will be screened at Comic Con on Sunday May 24th.
Why should you bother entering?
If you love making films, and have a few friends that you would enjoy spending 48 hours with, then why not?
Even if you are not a competitive person, film races are great fun and you get to take home your finished film at the end. If you are competitive then ON YOUR MARKS, GET SET…
Many people working in the film industry started out by taking part in film races such as this. Many short films have been scouted from races to take part in other festivals and gone on to win awards.
There are many great prizes available for the winning teams.
1. Team Name - We will use this to refer to through out the event.
2. Put your team together - Everybody wants to be a Director, so to keep arguments down
we recomend up to 8 members but feel free to have more!
3. Register - Click the link, fill in your details.
4. Tell us your favourite character - You MUST love Comic Con to enter!
5. Keep Watching - We will update facebook and twitter with fun clues as to the Theme,
as well as announcing the teams as they register.
6. Turn up on the 1st May - Assignments will be handed out at the
Forbidden Planet Superstore, Shaftesbury Avenue, London, from 6pm on Friday 1st May.
7. Make a film in a weekend but keep it short - we have a lot of them to watch! (3-5 mins).
8. Get it back to us by 8pm Sunday 3rd May for judging - or it's...
"Game over, man. Game over!"
How it works....
We will ask your team to come to Forbidden Planet superstore on Shaftesbury Avenue, London, or recieve an
e-mail, on Friday 1st May at 6:00pm. You will be given the TITLE and THEME of the film you will make, some DIALOGUE that must be said on screen, and a PROP that must be used in the film.
Once you have all your elements, you have until Sunday evening to return the completed movie to us. You can either deliver it to one of the drop off points or send it via the internet on vimeo, youtube or similar.
We have set up a Vimeo group to allow you to share your completed films more easily.
If you are entering the Comic Con Film Race, use #ComicConFilmRace hashtag on social media to join our tagboard, and follow the Facebook page for updates and crew requests.