Comic Con 48 Hour Film Race
The MCM (Movie Comic Media) founded by Paul Miley
(ScifiShows) and Bryan Cooney (Wolf Events), are
teaming up with Capture Events founded by
Peter Murfet and Christopher Abbott to bring you
the MCM Comic Con Film Race.
This 48 Hour Film Challenge will give fans the opportunity to make their own movies to be
shown during MCM Comic Con, with awards and prizes to be won. 101,600 people attended the May Comic Con.
The challenge is FREE to enter and will take place over the weekend of 10-12 October, Two weeks before the MCM Comic Con event to allow judging to take place and the winning entries to be screened at Comic Con on Sunday October 26th.
Why should you bother entering?
If you love making films, and have a few friends that you would enjoy spending 48 hours, with then why not?
Even if you are not a competitive person, film races are great fun and you get to take home your finished film at the end. If you are competitive then ON YOUR MARKS, GET SET…
Many people working in the film industry started out by taking part in film races such as this. Many short films have been scouted from races to take part in other festivals and gone on to win awards. Winners of the FIlm Race will receive free a prize. What prize you ask? Well that will have to be a surprise for now as we don’t know yet!
1. Team Name - We will use this to refer to through out the event.
2. Put your team together - Everybody wants to be a director, so to keep arguments down
to a minumum it can be anything up to 8 members!
3. Register - Click the link, fill in your details. Entry Form
4. Tell us your favourite character - You MUST love comic con to enter!
5. Keep Watching - We will update the website, facebook and twitter with fun clues as
to the Theme, as well as announcing the teams as they register.
6. Turn up on the 10th October - Arrive at 6pm to receive your brief.
7. Make a film in a weekend but keep it short - we have a lot of them to watch! (3-5 mins).
8. Get it back to us by 8pm Sunday 12th October for judging - or it's...
"Game over, man. Game over!"
How it works....
We will ask your team to come to a secret location or recieve an e-mail on Friday 10th October at 6:00pm where we will give you the THEME of the film you will make, some DIALOGUE that must be said on screen, and a PROP that must be used in the film.
Once you have all your elements, you have until Sunday evening to return the completed movie to us. You can either deliver it to one of the drop off points or send it via the internet on vimeo, youtube or similar.
If you are entering the Comic Con Film Race, use #comicconfilm hashtag on your tweets and join the Facebook group facebook.com/mcmccfilmrace for updates and crew requests.